Saturday, July 19, 2014

For the Arms

Hello again!

Many of you may know that I am now a certified personal trainer! For the past year or so I have been studying for this test through ACE and it is finally behind me. No more studying, and I can finally breathe knowing I passed.

So, with that, I'd like to share a bit more on exercise!

It wasn't until high school that I realized my love for being active. I had joined the tennis team [which allowed me to meet the man of my dreams] and I just loved the way I felt when I was running around and doing something accomplishing and something that motivated me - even though I wasn't ever that  good.

Then in college I did different DVD workout programs like Turbo Jam in my dorm room [don't laugh] and P90X [which I completed successfully].

Nowadays I find ways to workout at home, saving some $$ on gym memberships, which is totally doable if you have a few little things on hand.

My home gym consists of:
  • 5 lb and 8 lb dumb bells
  • A set of adjustable dumb bells that goes up to 25lbs each
  • 10 lb kettle bell (really hoping to add to this collection with heavier weights)
  • Resistance band
  • Exercise ball
  • Pull up bar that hangs on door frame
Pretty simple, and I hope to continue to grow it from here. I'd love to add a barbell for back squats or a BOSU ball for balance work.
But you can always start out using your own body weight and still get a great workout!


Here are some of my favorite exercises to work the arms:

[Always start out with a short warm up before diving straight into your strength exercises. Marching in place, jumping jacks, or arm circles are great options]

Push Ups: they've been around forever, but they really do wonders!


Pull Ups: if you have a bar, this is a great challenge. Modify them by putting your feet up on a chair to help yourself up.


Upright Rows: works just about every muscle in your arms


Biceps Curl: no rocket science here


Shoulder Press: classic


Try this short circuit twice a week and I know you'll see those arms tone right up! Especially if you're eating a healthy diet.

Also, here are my some favorite workouts from PopSugar:


And for the pregnant ladies:

No comments:

Post a Comment