Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Low carb Avocado Chicken and Bacon Salad



This is what's for dinner tonight at my house! It's quickly become a favorite of ours. 

We are finishing up our low carb stretch and had to use up some bacon and avocado, so this was perfect. 
Which reminds me that I owe you all a little snapshot of my 3 shift, or low fat, days. I'll get on that tomorrow. 

--------------------

Avocado Chicken and Bacon Salad

Ingredients
3 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed or shredded 
2 avocados (I only had one so I added a 1/2 cup of mayo to substitute)
1-2 stalks of celery, chopped
1/4 cup chopped red onion
Salt to taste
1/4 tsp coriander 
1 tsp cumin
Juice from 1 lime
4-6 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped (I had 6 to use up. Can't go wrong with a little extra bacon) 

Directions
Mix all ingredients together, chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour. 

Easy as that! 


Get outside and go for a walk on this gorgeous day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment