Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Coconut Chicken Strips Recipe

I really try hard to make healthy eating as easy as possible, but also as delicious as possible!

And with this pregnancy thing, I've dealt with my phases of cravings. This week it was chicken strips - and not the healthy baked kind, but the deep fried breaded type with a bunch of honey mustard... *drool*.

However, I didn't get any of those, so I decided to make some chicken strips of my own.

So, here's a new recipe I tried out this week for Coconut Chicken strips! [courtesy of Breezy Body Fitness] (Sorry for the low quality photos)


The recipe calls for 1lb of chicken tenders, but you can always use a full chicken breast or cut them into strips yourself.



Then season them up with some salt, pepper, ground mustard, and paprika (or whatever spices you like).



Set up your dipping stations: a bowl/plate of almond meal (ground up almonds), a bowl for 2 lightly beaten eggs, and a bowl/plate for shredded coconut. And that's the order you'll dip the strips- first almond meal, then eggs, then coconut.



Bake your seasoned and coated chicken strips at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes



Enjoy!
 


These were really quite simple to make, and have a short cooking time. Plus, they're super delicious even without honey mustard (or any other type of dipping sauce). They got the husband approval that night for dinner! I will be making these again very soon.


Real simple, real food!

No comments:

Post a Comment