Monday, April 27, 2015

Chinese Chicken Chopped Salad

When we think of healthy meals, salad usually comes to mind. And, for me, it's usually a typical green salad that has some lettuce, tomato, cucumber and dressing. Pretty darn boring, if I do say so myself. 

However, I truly love a yummy salad, especially if it's an easy dinner for me and my family. 

Which is why I'm excited to share this recipe for Chinese Chicken Chopped Salad! I literally just made this for the first time today, and after a bite I knew you all needed to know about it. 

One of the best things to have around for easy dinners is shredded chicken. You can make easy tacos, soup, salads, and more with some on hand. Easy weekend prep for a week full of healthy meals. 

This recipe is pretty easy on the wallet. Another plus in my book! 
It's also gluten-free (if you choose a gluten-free soy sauce) and dairy- free. 


Chinese Chicken Chopped Salad: 

Ingredients
2-3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup white (or rice) vinegar
3 Tbs minced ginger
3 Tbs olive oil
1 Tbs sesame oil
2 Tbs hoisin sauce
1 tsp Sriracha (or more to your liking)

2 cups shredded carrots
1 head cabbage, shredded
1/2 cup cashews
3 chopped green onions
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
2 Tbs sesame seeds 

Directions

Make the dressing, combining the soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, oils, hoisin and Sriracha sauces. 

Mix the cabbage, carrots, and cilantro. 

I kept everything separate so that it would keep fresh throughout the week. 


Assemble the salad with a handful of the cabbage mixture, chicken, and top it with green onions and cashews, along with more cilantro if you like. I love me some cilantro. 

Pour dressing over your salad - trust me, a little goes a LONG way. 

This is a new favorite of mine, and it's fresh enough for springtime! 

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment