Sunday, January 31, 2016

My Grocery Shopping for the Week!

We all have our own way of doing things, of course. Everything is a habit. The way we get ready in the morning, the way we brush our teeth, the way we make our breakfast, the way we get into our cars. Every single thing we do is out of habit. Including the way we grocery shop! So I wanted to share with you my routine. It's what works for me and I only have to go to the store once per week - huge time saver! 

This is my grocery shopping routine: 

I make my list of meals for the week. 

This week is as follows: 
  • Monday: Chicken with creamy Alfredo sauce over zoodles with a salad
  • Tuesday: Burrito bowls of chicken, black beans, rice, veggies
  • Wednesday: Baked chicken and roasted potatoes 
  • Thursday: Turkey burgers with baked home-made French fries
  • Friday: Chicken salad over lettuce [chicken salad with hard boiled eggs, mayo, avocado]
  • Eric's lunches for work: Stir fry with rice
*Note: the hubbs and I carb cycle, so it might seem a bit strange for a low-carb fan like myself to be eating all of this rice and potatoes. 

Once I have my plan, then I make my list of everything I need for those meals. I add a few other things for snacks and foods for Leslie, too. 

Here is what I bought at Aldi. I managed to buy everything I needed from Aldi this week, where normally I would have to go to Target for a few things. 




All of this came to $82.67!

What I didn't have to buy this week, which does take up a big chunk of our budget, is meat. I already had a ton of frozen chicken and ground beef at home.


Eating healthy doesn't have to break the bank! 
Planning and sticking to your list is a huge help. 


No comments:

Post a Comment