Monday, March 23, 2015

Lessons from Leslie

Today marks my girl's 6th month birthday (do you call it a birthday?). Crazy how time flies. The other day the hubs  and I were trying to remember what we did with our time before we had a baby; a whole lot of nothing, probably. 

Becoming a mommy has changed me in so many ways. The things I'm interested in, what I think about or worry about, what excites me and what bores me.. everything. 

I had no idea how much I could love this baby girl. Couldn't imagine life without her. 

Here are just a few things that Leslie has taught me since she came into this world. 

1. We are all selfish right from the start. 

2. Parenthood: perfection not required. 

3. Life has second chances.

4. The valuable things in life don't have a dollar amount.

5. Sleep is one of those valuable things. 

6. We never stop learning. 

7. Never take for granted your digestive system - or the fact you have teeth, or that you can walk and talk. It takes a while to figure all that out. 

8. A lot can happen in a short amount of time. 

9. Love covers all - the poop you just got covered with, the spit-up you are covered in, the endless crying, the sleepless nights.. 

10. Not having all of the answers is ok.

11. Learning to be assertive and direct for the sake of your child is required (still learning this one).

12. I've become more protective than I thought.

13. Babies change your whole family. 

14. Making lists doesn't mean it will all get done. 

15. Watching TV is a luxury. 

16. Going out to eat is even more of a luxury. 

17. I'm capable of doing so much more than I thought. 

18. I am also much lazier than I thought. 

19. It's amazing what a difference a smile can make. 

20. God is always with you. Through it all. From start to finish. 

Can't wait to see what else I will learn in the next 6 months! 



No comments:

Post a Comment