Thursday, October 8, 2015

Chicken Salad

My husband and I are trying out a new lifestyle/protocol with our food that I will talk more about very soon. It has required us to cycle our nutrients and today is a low-carb, high-fat day (my favorite kind!). 

I have to admit that I'm missing my fruit and rice and oatmeal and potatoes ... but soon enough it will be back in my life for a little while! 

Anyway, tonight this is what I made for dinner and it was fantastic! 


It is a low-carb chicken salad that I ate a LOT of tonight. This plate is half-eaten.. Once I was halfway through I realized I needed to share it with you all, so I had to stop myself and snap a photo. 

[Low-Carb] Chicken Salad 

Serves 3-4 
Nutrition info: Protein= 32g Fat=21g Carbs= 5g (without the lettuce and tomato) 

Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (I put frozen chicken in the crockpot for 3 hours on high, then shred) 
2 hard boiled eggs, mashed
1-2 sticks of celery, diced
1-2 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup mayo
1 Tbsp mustard
Small handful of chopped cashews
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Mix all ingredients together. 
Yep, that's it! 

Serve over lettuce 
Add diced tomato on top of you like 


SO easy and SO yummy. It's a favorite around here. Bonus points if you make your own mayo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment