Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Guilt-Free, Low-Carb Mac and Cheese

Well, well, well... We meet again. 

It's been a busy couple months, as always. I'm in a new house, in a new city and I couldn't be happier! 

Moving is stressful. Everything is everywhere - including your brain. The best part of being in the new house is knowing where all of my stuff is. Well, most of it, anyway. 

The routine is back and swinging! I've got new things to share with you as I keep learning new things all the time. 

Today I want to share a yummy in your tummy recipe - a low carb, guilt-free version of Mac and cheese! 

I really love eating low carb. I feel my best, I eat more veggies and meat than I would otherwise. It's easier on my digestive system. And I lean out quite a bit when I don't eat the starches. 
However, if you are at all sensitive to dairy this is NOT the recipe for you. 

Mac and cheese has always been a favorite. My mom makes the best Mac and cheese, which I grew up having at least a couple times a week. But she made it with Velveeta and, of course, pasta, both of which are a no-go for me today. 

This is adapted from a Food Network recipe and I hope you find it a new comfort food for you and the kiddos. 



Low-Carb 'Mac and Cheese' 
Ingredients: 
1 head cauliflower, chopped into bite-size pieces
1 cup heavy cream
2 oz. cream cheese
1.5 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 tsp Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper to taste 
Dash of paprika 

Directions:
Spray or grease with butter a 13x9 glass baking dish
Place chopped cauliflower in the dish and microwave for 3-4 minutes until cauliflower is slightly softened 
In a small saucepan, simmer heavy cream 
Then add the cheeses, stir until melted 
Add the rest of the ingredients and mix 
Pour cheese mixture over the cauliflower
Bake in a 375 degree oven for 15-20 minutes. 

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment