Monday, May 23, 2016

Hawaiian BBQ Chicken and Rice

Today is a 3 shift day, for those of you familiar with AltShift. Which means I get to eat yummy carbs like rice and sweet potatoes, both of which I've had today. Yum! 

Tonight for dinner I made a new favorite: Hawaiian BBQ Chicken 


I had to share this with you because I want to eat more and you will too. 

--------------------
Hawaiian BBQ Chicken 
Serves 4

Ingredients 
4 frozen chicken breasts (you can use fresh, too, just cut down on cooking time) 
Salt and pepper to taste
BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's) 
1/2 red onion, sliced
Pineapple, diced 
3 cups rice, cooked 

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Line a baking pan with foil and place your fresh or frozen chicken breasts on it. 
If frozen, cook the chicken for 30 minutes
Remove chicken from oven, season with salt and pepper. 
Pour 3-4 tablespoons of BBQ sauce over each chicken breast 
Top with 1 Tblsp red onion and a few chunks of pineapple
Cook in the oven for another 25-30 minutes, until the thickest part of the chicken reaches 165 degrees. 

Serve with rice and a bit more pineapple and BBQ sauce if desired. 

--------------------


No comments:

Post a Comment