Thursday, September 1, 2016

Taking Control

I'm back to this blog because I just couldn't say goodbye to the hours of writing I've done over the years.

So it's been a month since my last post and life is just ticking right along.

I've been busy with a project all summer that I am super excited about.
I just took a wonderful vacation with family that has given me a breath of fresh air - literally!
I have been soaking up my girl's toddlerhood every single day. Good or bad. Happy or sad. Smiles or fussing. She's been my buddy this summer. And I can't believe I'm starting to plan her 2nd birthday party already!

I've been keeping busy, not because I have to, necessarily, but because I need to. When I'm busy I don't think about not being pregnant. So I just keep looking for things to do!

But more than that, I've been looking for things that I can control. Because when something happens that's out of my control, I look for ways to grab hold again of what I can control.

Which got me back into working out and eating real food! Not that I got way off track, but I became a lot more liberal with my choices and got off of AltShift.

And with coming back to a better routine I've come to the conclusion that you (me .. us) are in total and in complete control over our lifestyle - healthy or not.

I decide what I eat in the morning for breakfast, how my day will go with my food decisions.

I decide if I'm going to take a walk or to lift smart that day.

I decide if I'm going to buy crap or good stuff at the grocery store, or take 20 minutes to plan out my dinners for the week.

I decide if I'm going to let social media intrude on my mind and lose sleep staring at a screen.

I decide how I'm going to spend my time and my energy.

Plain and simple.


And you decide all of those things, too. Whether you like it or not.

It can be a hard fact to digest sometimes, that I .. or you ... are the reason for your current state of health, as far as your lifestyle goes. Especially if you don't like where you're at.

BUT because we are in complete control over what food we eat or how we move or how we spend our extra time - we can do something about it!

And that's what I decided to do after last month. Instead of dwelling in my sadness (which, believe me, I still have my moments) I decided to get back into lifting again and start meal planning for me and my family.

I've been able to be happy with my body again, instead of being frustrated with it. To feel good about myself and proud of how my body is changing with the right exercise and nutrition.

It's been a good way to work through the hard stuff. And I don't think we rely on plain old exercise or eating right enough these days to combat stress. 


When life throws you things that are out of your control, decide to take hold of the things that you can control. 

It's what I've learned this past month and I can say that I'm better for it.

Here's to a healthy start to a new school year and back to routine! 





No comments:

Post a Comment