Friday, February 26, 2016

I HATE Moderation!

Ok, hate is a strong word. But this whole idea of 'moderation' has got me way off track. 

The thought is always there, "I haven't had any sweets for X amount of time, it's ok if I just have one cookie." 

You know what happens next? 
"Maybe just one cupcake.." 
"Just one pint of ice cream.." 


Yea, that's right. And what's even worse is that this one is my hubby's because I ate all of mine in one sitting! 

"Hello. My name is Chrissy and I'm a sugarholic." 

There should truly be some kind of support group for folks like me. Im sure there is somewhere. 


Moderation. 

I see it as more of an excuse to eat junk. 
You think thoughts like, "well, it's just one donut a week [my church friends know what I'm talking about!]" or "it's a special celebration, it's ok if I have some cake."

But I know all too well that moderation can lead us totally off track from our healthy eating. It signals our brain to want and crave sugar again! And that's what I'm dealing with now. 

Getting back on track isn't always easy, especially with stress in the picture - which is what sparked my apparent need for Mr. Ben and Mr. Jerry - but it can be done. 

Just take some steps to get there

•Get rid of the temptation. Throw it away. Don't buy it. Get your husband on board to say no when you look at him with desperate eyes when you ask him to make an ice cream run. [My man is much too good to me - to a fault, possibly] 

•Make a plan. Not only plan meals and snacks, but plan what you're going to do next time you find yourself in that desperate situation. Maybe take a quick walk which will help remind you that your fitness is much more important. 

•Don't beat yourself up. I tell you that I've given into Ben and Jerry to encourage you that you're not a failure if you have done the same. Treat the next day like new. Eat a healthy breakfast. Workout. Just keep on keeping on. 


Maybe this post is just my confessional. But I hope to encourage you to just keep your eyes on your goals when things don't go perfectly. 

Now off I go to eat my veggies and meat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment